Sunday, September 13, 2009

Michael Wesch

I think that movie captured the average college students experience very well. I related to the majority of the students in the movie. Right now in my classes this semester alone there are empty desks that belong to a student who's at home, and I know that my student loans will top more than 20k.
on thing that I have had a difference experience with is that most if not all of my teachers knew me by name because I made myself very familiar to them. On average most college teachers see over 500 students a year and can't remember every student by face or name that's why it's very important that the student introduces them self known to the teacher.
Seeing that this movie was made in 2007 there are several different technological approaches that one could take. pretty much every student owns a laptop now, so instead of having them write down their responses on notebook paper I would just use laptops, and a smart board. There were several times when the camera person had to zoom in to see what was on the paper and then sometimes the response was cut off.
Overall it was a pretty accurate account of the average college student's daily life cycle.

No comments:

Post a Comment