Sunday, August 23, 2009

Did You Know 3.0/Mr. Winkle Wakes

Did You Know 3.0
I found the video on Did You Know 3.0 to be very interesting. Some of the facts were kind of alarming to me. Knowing how fast technology will and is constantly changing made me wonder if half of the things I'm learning now will be so out-dated in 3 years that I will have to learn a new way of doing it all over again.
Knowing how much more advanced other countries are than the U.S was also pretty interesting. It makes you wonder what type of experiments are being done here to advance our nation like others are doing. I especially liked how it broke down the length of time it took to reach people before we had broadband, we have come a long ways in technology, but we apparently haven't gone far enough.

Mr. Winkle Wakes
In Mr. Winkle Wakes I think the idea that Mr. Needelman is trying to get across is that there are still alot of people that are afraid of technology and are just fine with a pencil and piece of paper. The fact that he is using a old guy is hilarious.
Technology has taken away from boring letter writing, why write and mail a letter when you can just type it and press send. Not only is technology changing but so is the everyday way of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment